Sunday, November 20, 2011

#NHBPM Day 17 ~ Let it be

Today I don't have internet consistently, so I may have to wait to post this, but today's prompt is: 

Let It Be. What’s something that bothers you or weighs on you? Let it go. Talk out the letting go process and how you’re going to be better to yourself for it.

I’m challenging myself to keep it short or to keep it positive.  If it’s both, that’s even better.

I’ve been teased for dwelling since I was teenager.  I like to turn things over and make sure that I’ve figured out what I need to about a situation and have resolved it as much as I should or can before setting it aside.  I’ve always envied the ability of people around me to just not think about something, or to at least act like they’re not thinking about it.

I can’t set aside my work situation until things are legally resolved and I’m earning a paycheck.   And letting go of past details is particularly challenging during the investigation period, because I have to recall facts and dig through past documentation.  But chewing on it when I’m not directly answering or digging is going to get me if I’m not careful.  I want to keep this recovery going and not slide backwards again.  So I am resolving not to dwell on the people or the past involved in this situation when I’m not engaged directly in the process.

I would love to find a quote or a poem, but my internet just isn't lasting long enough.

This post was written as part of NHBPM – 30 health posts in 30 days: http://bit.ly/vU0g9J
I am also participating in my Bread and Roses Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment