Sunday, November 27, 2011

NHBPM Day 24 ~ Nalukai (Brutus) CFIDS Mascot

My Mascot! Give your condition, community, or self a mascot. Who is it? What do they represent? What is their battle cry?

This one’s a little too easy, given the title and topic of this blog.

But rather than a characterization of a turtle, I would use an actual sea turtle as a mascot/turtle.  Meet Brutus.





This is Brutus at Laniakea Beach on Oahu.  Brutus appeared in two or three blogs in early September, when I saw him twice on shore.  I get the feeling he’s a regular and that he spends quite a bit of time in the sun each day that he comes.  Each day volunteers place ropes around sunning turtles and for any turtle they’ve seen before and have information for they place interpretative cards. This a closer view of Brutus’ sign.


Clearly, he uses the energy he has very well and spends his down time well, too.  These are a few shots of Brutus’ daily views while he rests on Oahu.






This post was written as part of NHBPM – 30 health posts in 30 days: http://bit.ly/vU0g9J
I am also participating in my Bread and Roses Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment