Tuesday, November 8, 2011

NHBPM Day 8 ~ 3 truths and a lie



Today's prompt for National Blog Post Month is fun:


3 Truths and 1 lie. Tell us 3 things that are true about you, your condition, your Health Activism, or your life. Now tell us 1 lie. Do you think we will be able to tell the difference?


My dad was the first person in Oregon to survive meningitis, the second person in the nation, and the first baby.  The nuns had already done last rights and asked my grandma if they could try penicillin, since he was not expected to survive anyway.

A year before I got sick with my current conditions, I had to recieve the rabies vaccination series after getting bitten by a bat.


Of all the places in the world to select my research area for graduate school, I selected the exact same drainages where my family had been working and living for three generations before me without knowing anyone in my family had ever been here before.  I moved here before finding out and my kids are now fifth generation.


When we checked my daughter into oncology to start chemo, they sent us home because her tumors were gone.

This post was written as part of NHBPM – 30 health posts in 30 days: http://bit.ly/vU0g9J
I am also participating in my Bread and Roses Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment