Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Little chickadee 'medicine'

You definitely have to hear this song to fully appreciate it, but the words are wonderful.  A (semi) local npr kids show, the pea green boat plays it often and we've had time to listen to the show after school lately (like right now). Luckily, another blogger found it a shame that the lyrics are not on line and posted them (http://ayoureadorable.livejournal.com/4944.html).  I seperated the lines where there are pauses as far as I remember....at least these are the spots where there's a little pause when I sing it in my head.

I want to collect these kinds of little trinkets this month in honor of national health blogging month.

She is only, a little chickadee
Just a common backyard bird

And she knows
no care or worry
She is happy in this world




Just a simple little chickadee
With a simple song to sing
She's not a peacock or a toucan
Not some fancy colored thing

But she can fly, she can fly,
anywhere she cares to roam
and call anywhere her home

And I said tell me
little chickadee
Don't you wish sometimes to be
Someone bigger
someone more beautiful
and this is what she said to me

If I were bigger
or more beautiful
If I had fancy colored wings
they would not make me someone better
these are not important things

Cause I can fly, I can fly
Anywhere I care to roam
and call anywhere my home

She is only a little chickadee
Not the boldest bird to sing
But she knows that she's most fortunate
there's no one else she'd rather be

She can fly, she can fly
Anywhere she'd care to roam
And call anywhere her home
She is only, a little chickadee.

This post was written as part of NHBPM – 30 health posts in 30 days: http://bit.ly/vU0g9J ~ I registered on day 2, when I learned more about it on twitter (@wegohealth)

No comments:

Post a Comment