Sunday, November 27, 2011

NHBPM Day 26 ~ I still remember


I still remember… Free write a post that starts with the line "I still remember…"

I still remember

Frozen hair in Fairbanks
Steering my bike through snowmobile mounds
jumping aside for dog sleds

Soaked to the core in Bellingham
bike grease on all of my jeans
people from all of my lives mixing together

Dust in my lungs in Great Falls
Baby clothes and diaper genie liners
leaving hunting season blood soaked clothes and boots at the door

Smoke in my pores in Concrete
Nomex over stinging gnettle
My belt wrapping around me twice after our fire seasons

Overnight calls in Darby
running the ambulance from the ranger station
search and resucue calls overlapping lynx survey routes

Angry squirrels in Kalispell
jumping off the roof of our first house
distracting me from my thesis

Falling in love with Hungry Horse
trying not get too attached
Finding out my family had been there for three generations before me

Driving through Columbia Falls
knowing it was perfect for us
aspen and mountains framed in my windows




This post was written as part of NHBPM – 30 health posts in 30 days: http://bit.ly/vU0g9J
I am also participating in my Bread and Roses Blog

1 comment: